Maybe it’s the nesting phase but I have been wanting to clean ALL THE THINGS! Seriously. It probably doesn’t help that I don’t have a room for Kaylee Mae yet. It’s still a work in progress. I’m hoping Jason will finish Jackson’s new room this weekend and then we can move some furniture around and get to work on baby girl’s room. I’ll share pictures of before, during and after once Jason gets construction and painting all done!
So… Let me tell you what product I have found that I LOVE. LA’s Totally Awesome. I have had these black stains in my carpet for the last 3 years. I’ve cleaned it with my carpet cleaner and carpet stain sprays – anything that said it would get stains out, I’ve probably tried it. Well… the other night, Sammie, my yorkie, decided to puke on the floor on one of the black stains. I sprayed down the area with LA’s Totally Awesome diluted 10:1 and took my little green machine to it and the black came up! I may need to go over it once more but I think it’s a HUGE improvement. I thought to get a before picture after I had already gotten up some other spots – I’m telling you the black was all over!
I was totally stunned. I have been living with these ugly black marks on the carpet for years because I thought they would just never come out. And the best part… I bought this cleaner at the dollar tree for a buck!
I’m officially in my third trimester and I’m trying to get all the deep cleaning stuff done so I won’t have to worry so much about it when baby arrives. Here’s a few things I did today…
- Cleaned out coffee table drawers and storage – threw away old magazines and junk
- Vacuumed the whole house
- Vacuumed out the couch
- Cleaned windows and blinds in kitchen
- Cleaned out 1 kitchen cabinet, vacuumed and wiped out cabinet
- Cleaned kitchen and bathroom floors – scrubbed… got on my hands and knees and scrubbed!
- One load of laundry and unloaded and loaded dishwasher.
- Cleaned toaster oven & microwave
- It’s the first of the month – so I also cleaned my washing machine and put flea meds on Sammie and dumped some septic tank bacteria in the toilet.
If I can continue doing some of these things every day or at least on the days I have the energy, I’ll have a nice cleaned up and de-cluttered house by the time Kaylee Mae arrives and I’ll only have to do upkeep. You know.. laundry, dishes, vacuuming, bathrooms, etc.